Welcome. STORY Land & Sea® is ready for you.
STORY Land & Sea® is a world-class, boutique True Small Group Tour operator based in Denver, Colorado.
Our passion is to introduce our guests to new and exciting destinations around the world while immersing them in local culture, cuisine, history, art and experience — a passion that remains with us in everything we do and in every Story we create. We are constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences for our guests and one of those ways is you! Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with STORY® is the adventure you've been looking for!
— Mark Story, Chief Executive Officer
POSITION: STORY SALES SPECIALIST
Full time position - 40 hours/ week.
Summary of the Position
The STORY Sales Specialist represents the Travel Brands of STORY Land & Sea® (STORY®, SAVVY Adventures, Wild Blue Tours, etc.) and is a dedicated individual who effectively handles inbound and outbound sales and customer support and service calls. The STORY Sales Speciliast is dedicated to continuously providing above-the-call-of-duty service to all clients (called Guests) and travel industry professionals (travel agents, advisors, designers and vendors) by employing techniques learned in sales and service professional training and development in order to generate and close sales opportunities. Responsible for assisting Guests and travel agents with customer service and fulfillment issues.
Responsibilites of the Position: Sales
- Manage and engage with in/outbound sales calls and online live chats in a positive and friendly, service-driven manner;
- Possess knowledge of the STORY family of brands and its products ensuring successful sales (positioning and effective sales processes);
- Communicate all details of the STORY family of brands and products accurately to leads and subsequent booked guests (including pricing, optional excursions and extensions, payment requirements, policies for cancellation and on-tour policies);
- Support daily sales (telephone sales conversations with leads, proposal development) and customer service activity (including follow up, modifying arrangements, speaking with booked guests);
- Learn, develop and use sales techniques that result in successful sales;
- Support day-to-day and long-term operations and other key activities in relation to Land Operations-Europe, Land Operations-World , Sales Management, and Marketing/Brand Development;
- Supports and participates in business development efforts by various Lead Team Members while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals and projects;
- Supports and evaluates programs and provides feedback to various Lead Team Members;
- Report and discuss activity schedule plans with COO and CEO;
- Attend necessary workshops, events and training seminars.
- Communicate status reports weekly to Team Lead in preparation of weekly sales and weekly staff meetings (provide sales reports to Team Lead in advance);
- Consistently meet or exceed expected performance goals communicated by management;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Demonstrated competencies in a MAC-based environment possessing a working knowledge of Google® products: Docs, Sheets, Sites, etc.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years related sales experience preferred.
- Some college-level experience preferred.
POSITION: TOUR CAPTAIN
- The Consummate Host Who Knows What’s Going On!
- The Story Land & Sea® Tour Captain performs the basic functions of a tour manager or director, as this role is commonly referred to in the tour operator industry at large. The Tour Captain is responsible for conducting small group tours for Story Land & Sea® clients called guests. This involves some additional planning and organization that complements the overall planning set up by the company Operations department. The Operations team is tasked with making sure the travel runs smoothly from venue to venue without any issues.
- The Story Land & Sea® Tour Captain is a professional who is required to confirm hotel and restaurant reservations, show and tour times, and deal with venue managers, transport providers, ticket agents, etc. They also manage the schedule of the travel group and manage its finances within company guidelines and budget. On a day to day basis, the Tour Captain is tasked with contacting each venue to ensure that technical and hospitality requirements are met and they seek to resolve any problems that can be foreseen. In addition, the Tour Captain verifies guest names, contact details, addresses, and arrival times at in-country airports, prior to hotel check-in, etc.
- Possess a hard working and charismatic personality. Demonstrate a hard working attitude through organization and execution of sales tactics and strategies. This job is incredibly challenging and difficult. You will work long hours and be challenged both physically and mentally. It's a job in travel that demands your very best, all the time.
- Generally speaking, there are no specific academic requirements for this position. However, a high school diploma or college degree is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, tourism or a related field is a definite plus. In lieu of education, at least five or more years of experience in the hotel or travel industry is highly desirable. Any equivalent combination of education and experience can be suitable for an applicant’s background. Story Land & Sea® also prefers candidates who have completed a course in tour management and who possess the credential of Certified International Tour Manager, CITM, or similar accreditation (again, this is not essentially required).
2020 SEASON TOUR CAPTAIN AUDITION ANNOUNCED
Friday, Oct. 25, 2019 6:00pm to late
Saturday, Oct 26, 2019 7:30am to 1:00pm
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your resume along with a short, :30 video introduction of yourself by email. Please type "2020 TC Season" in email subject line.
How to Submit Your Video
Video MUST be privately uploaded to Vimeo and a link ((and a PASSWORD must be provided to us)) to it provided in your email. Do not mention STORY branding in the title of your video.
Should you be invited to audition, we will provide you our logistics information.
Submit above information to Apply @ StoryLandSea . com (no spaces). Story Land & Sea® will contact you should we be interested in speaking with you.
We thank you for your interest. Remember: Please do not call the office, or email staff as this will result in your disqualification. Certified International Tour Manager certification preferred but not required for interview/audition - may be required for employment.
We call our customers, “guests,” and that means our approach to them ensures a continual attention to detail and delivery.
— Sherry Moore, chief operating officer
Life is for service.— Fred Rogers
STORY Land & Sea® is a small group tour company based in Denver, Colorado. We have operated tours since 1993.
STORY Land & Sea®
8100 S Quebec St., Suite B-206
Centennial, CO 80112
United States of America